Friday, May 6, 2011

A Busy Season Of Events In NYC

This has been a busy time in our lives. While I'm trying to finish my new book by the end of this month, we attended a number of social events for charity, which has become a priority in our lives.

Last week, we attended a fabulous evening for the NY Pops at Carnegie Hall, with supper at the Plaza Hotel. Bob and I are very proud to be part of this event, as we were actually part of the founding group creating the orchestra some 25 years ago.
Today, it is comprised of over 100 outstanding musicians. This highly respected orchestra is much thought after around the world.




We also attended the yearly gala/English Ball by the St. George Society of New York, of which we are patrons.
The event honored an outstanding lady, Angela Ahrendts, Chief Executive of Burberry.






I'm looking forward to being honored in one week's time by the prestigious Mt. Saint Mary's College at their commencement, where I will be addressing the graduates and will be awarded an honorary doctorate in literature.






Now, back to my typewriter to wrap up my latest novel, Letter From A Stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment